Tuesday, September 28, 2010










































Since the very beginning of Blogging, Blogs have given average shmos like you and I the power to post their opinions on everything and anything hence the invention of the popular “Top Five list.” Really! What better way to express my unqualified even ridiculous opinions in pseudo-journalistic prose than with a list from worst to best? From Top 5 bank Heists to Top 5 Celebrity Douche Bags they're ridiculous, useless, and we love 'em. So in the rich tradition of our Fore-Bloggers I give you A-Bomb165’s Top 5 at the MFA:




5. Butcher Shop- Painted in 1642 by David Teniers II. Though truly an artistic masterpiece what sets this picture apart is its humor. It is a satirical portrayal of what an average day in a butcher shop must be like. I personally find it a refreshing change from the obscure depressed artists we are so typically exposed to (I love you Van Gogh).

4. Forest Scene with Hunters- Painted by Roelandt Jacobz in 1615. This is an enchanting painting one can spend hours analyzing. I felt that every time I looked at I notice a new animal or architectural structure I had not scene before. I felt the painting successfully created a world and story not to shabby Roelandt (or as his friends call him Roe-Dog).

3.Portrait of Fernande Olivier- Painted by Pablo Picasso in 1905. Not much to say about this one except that it’s very aesthetically pleasing. He uses very little colors and paints a woman with a very subtle expression on her face. Very subdued but very beautiful.

2. Postman Joseph Roulin- Painted by Vincent Van Gogh in 1888. A picture of lanky bearded Postman. The features are exaggerated he looks somewhat cartoony. The use of color and lighting is magnificent. The man though funny looking seems to have a quiet confidence I sense great wisdom.

1. Slave Ship- Painted in 1840 by Joseph Mallord William Turner. This painting portrays a major thunderstorm in the ocean and exposes harsh realities of the slave trade. The painting is very chaotic there is a lot of action. The use of colors is very extreme and I found the painting to be instantly shocking. This painting was very effective and I found it touching to see an artist of that time saying something of substance even though it might not have been popular to do that.

There you have it my Top Five hope you enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment